Today I went out into Nottingham to take some images for the competition brief i have chosen by the Young Creative Awards. The brief wanted images of Nottingham as a ‘future city’ and so i went out with the aim of collecting images that reflected my own interpretation of this meaning. I focused on capturing images that showed developments that were currently occurring in Nottingham in the present day, as this is what my creative intentions were for the project.
Today I started working on my research poster. Creating a poster on Photoshop is something that i have not attempted before so this is something that i am finding to be challenging. In order to help me with my poster i have looked at some written tutorial articles in order to help me and to also help develop my skills on Photoshop.
I mainly started by sorting out all of the information that i wanted to put onto my poster, and what layout i was aiming for. I began to create the poster and created the layout.
As a first attempt i think it went well with the assistance of the tutorials, and this is something i hope to develop as i can carry on with producing my work.
We have been given the task of looking into a piece of software that we want to become more familiar with and what we want to develop more skills in. We have been asked to carry out practical work in this software over the coming weeks in order for us to develop these skills.
I have chosen Photoshop as the software that I’m going to look into over the next few weeks. This is because although i have used Photoshop before, it is still something that I’m not overly familiar with and i would like to develop my skills here a lot more as i feel like this will help me with future work.
We have been given the task of creating our research question that we will have to carry out and research into. The aim is to produce two presentations, one posing our question and our intention, and the second posing our results and conclusions. This will be all summed up in a final poster design at the end of the year.
For my question I’m going to look into how noise can be reduced through camera settings and i will carry out an experiment to show my findings from my research.
Today our group got to meet for the last time before we present our campaign tomorrow at the Broadway cinema. We used this time to see what everyone had done so far and to offer any criticisms or last minute tweaks to our work. I felt our group worked well with giving critiquing and giving back feedback, and it was very helpful and beneficial for our work. As it’s always good to have a few opinions on what you what you are producing.
Overall I believe that our group could’ve worked a lot better together in this project because there was a huge lack in communication and attendance to timetabled sessions that could’ve massively helped with our work, especially in the earlier days of producing our thoughts and ideas. Next time I would ensure that communication levels are maintained throughout the whole process in order to keep the group on track and to know what work everyone is doing, and to help with feedback. And to also ensure that every group member had an equal amount of work to do, as i feel like i could’ve put more work in if i was given the opportunity to do more.
Today I started writing more for the teachers pack, with some useful help from Michaela over our Facebook group. Today I focused on what events Nottingham Castle will have to offer to the schools and students it’s wanting to attract to their venue. I used some of the events they already offer and included our groups event that we had created. This shows the teachers what things Nottingham castle has going on, and also that they seek to include elements of the national curriculum to help guide education and learning in a more active and experienced way.
Today I made a start on writing the information for the A4 teacher pack that is going to be included as part of our work and presentation.
I started off with the basic information about the castle including how to book and how to get to the venue. This information is essential in a teachers pack as it shows them the process of actually booking a trip to the castle which is what the aim of this assignment is.
Although I did some research into teachers packs I found it quite difficult to gather some of the information that i thought was needed to be included. This is because Nottingham Castle doesn’t actually have a teachers pack on their website or at all. I found this out by emailing the education office at the Castle, which showed me that us creating a teachers pack would be very good for the venue, especially if they are wanting to encourage more schools to attend.
Overall i believe I’ve made a good start to the work and hope to develop it over the next few days.