Photoshop experiment two

On my second attempt at using Photoshop to ‘touch up’ my images I decided to try something different and attempted my first attempt at changing the hair colour on a portrait. I did this by following a written tutorial that had images to assist. This allowed me to produce a first attempt at re-colouring, which wasn’t the best attempt, but is something I can improve on as I practice more with Photoshop. Here are my results- As you can see it is bit untidy and this is something I need to work on to make it look more natural in the future.

Software experiment one

For my first experience with using Photoshop I decided to research some basic ‘touch up’ written tutorials, which is tagged under this section on the page to the right. I came across this PDF with some helpful walk throughs of some basic editing tools. In this case I decided to use the healing tool on this woman to remove some blemishes and wrinkles and brightened the image in order to give the woman a more natural and youthful look.

I am happy with my first attempts outcome of using some of the basic editing tools. As I experiment more with this software I aim to create much better edited photos and to experiment with different tools to see what kind of outcomes I can come up with that will hopefully help me to develop my skills much more.

In this photograph I used to the healing tool and the image adjustments section to help brighten the photo by changing the exposure and the contrast and editing the colour slightly.

Research Poster

Today I started working on my research poster. Creating a poster on Photoshop is something that i have not attempted before so this is something that i am finding to be challenging. In order to help me with my poster i have looked at some written tutorial articles in order to help me and to also help develop my skills on Photoshop.

I mainly started by sorting out all of the information that i wanted to put onto my poster, and what layout i was aiming for. I began to create the poster and created the layout.

As a first attempt i think it went well with the assistance of the tutorials, and this is something i hope to develop as i can carry on with producing my work.

Software Seminar

We have been given the task of looking into a piece of software that we want to become more familiar with and what we want to develop more skills in. We have been asked to carry out practical work in this software over the coming weeks in order for us to develop these skills.

I have chosen Photoshop as the software that I’m going to look into over the next few weeks. This is because although i have used Photoshop before, it is still something that I’m not overly familiar with and i would like to develop my skills here a lot more as i feel like this will help me with future work.

Final Group Meeting- The Final Touches

Today we met up as a group for the last time before we pitch our presentation and campaign tomorrow. The whole group attended with the exception of one person who didn’t appear to the meeting. We had many discussions about what we had recently done and what we needed to do to get to a place where everything was finished and ready for presenting.

As a group we went through the presentation together to show what Nathan and I had put together. The group offered some alterations and small changes to get it to a standard we were all happy with. We went through each slide individually and said the positives and offered any changes. I felt that as a group we worked well going through the presentation together as we all had similar opinions on what we wanted it to be. Benji was also going to add some research in that he found to do with the audience and our reasoning behind that target audience. Some feedback was also given on the video and a minor change was left to change- the spelling of Derry Shillitto. The only thing that is currently left to do on the presentation is to add screenshots from those who had been editing and designing to webpages and logos.

In my opinion today was a successful day in terms of attendance to the group meeting and our ability to work well with each other and accepting criticisms. In the future I would like to improve on reducing any distractions whilst working and try to focus on the task at hand in order to make the most of the session.

1jndbnrs
the group going through the presentation together. 

 

 

Editing

In today’s session we finally got to look through all the footage we filmed for Derry Shillittos crowdfunding campaign.

I haven’t used Adobe Premiere cc before until today so it was a new challenge as they only editing software I’d used previously was avid last year. I managed to sync the audio of one of the footage files, as this was a huge struggle due to lack of a clapper board. I would’ve liked to have done a lot more and got at least all of the footage synced ready for editing and cutting as this would save time later on when it comes to editing some more in my own time.

This footage will be used as part of our work of creating a marketing proposal and website for Derry Shillitto.